Thursday, June 15, 2017

Courtyards of Santa Fe



Canyon Road in Santa Fe was one art gallery after another;
but as we strolled along I became fascinated with the courtyards.
Sometimes I strolled in places that I wasn't sure I was suppose to be,
but I just couldn't help myself.
The red of the adobe and the gardens with art quite captured my attention.


The colors against the blue sky were enchanting.




 Can you imagine hiding away, dreaming, sitting and listening
to the birds right here?

Or maybe sipping something chilled at this table,
a garden of peace?


How I would love that rug sitting right in my house.

Dreaming of flying with the butterflies.

I believe there is a chair waiting for us at the back of the garden.

Or maybe a nap on the veranda.

This gallery had the most amazing art, but then
there was amazing art everywhere you looked.


I had to toss this in as I was so surprised that the only church I saw along
the stroll was a Friends Meetinghouse.
If I lived here, this is where I would worship.
I did walk through the gate and explore their garden too.
Such stunning sculptures in many of the gardens
and courtyards.


Let's sit and chat for awhile.
Enjoy the sun and dreaming in Santa Fe.

6 comments:

Rainy said...

Oh Marilyn, thank you for this wonderful blog post. You brought back how much I loved this city and my wonderful honeymoon last year. <3 I'm so glad you had a good time in Santa Fe!

Tracy said...

Oooo... you've been to Canyon Road, Marilyn??!! That's on the bucket list for us--one day! ;) LOVE that dress sculpture--such sweetness, whimsy and delight! So much beauty at every turn. Easy to see why so many migrate there--and stay. I just love the contrasts of the warm terracotta and sand against the blue and white of the sky--mesmerizing. All the warm and cool so in harmony... And how wonderful you found a Friends Meeting House too. That seems like a good sign, somehow. ;) So much to see... I gotta go back and scroll through this one again... ((HUGS))

Mary said...

We've also spent some wonderful times in Santa Fe and it's definitely a place I could always return to for the art and colors. Love that 'dancing dress' sculpture - I could see you in that one twirling through the adobe courtyards Marilyn!
Thanks for sharing all the great pix you took - it's truly a place where there are photo ops around every corner.
Hugs - Mary

Jeanie said...

This is one of the places on my bucket list. What was the name of the gallery, do you remember? I have several friends who have their art there and have made SF their home. Someday I'll visit.

Your photos are terrific -- indeed, it looks wonderful!

Rosemary said...

Amazing art work! Even more amazing colors! Love the architecture and the 'feel' of the southwest. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Adrienne said...

Now I've added this one to my bucket list when we get back to the Southwest! I love courtyards anywhere but those in the Southwest captured my heart. I found myself peeking through gates to see the beauty of a courtyard or two! The beauty of the Southwest amazed me!
~Adrienne~